firestorm717: The Long Firm: Harry Starks Smoking a Cigarette (Default)
[personal profile] firestorm717 posting in [community profile] ffxv
Hey, anyone still alive in the FFXV community? I recently finished the game and became utterly obsessed with the Chocobros. Bought all the DLC, Blu-rays, artbooks, and soundtracks, and am already on an NG+ playthrough cause that ending... man, it's no exaggeration to say it broke my heart T_T. I'd love to meet other fans to chat with/rant at/cling to for emotional support. So! Anyone still around on DW?

I also have a question about FFXV: Brotherhood. So I bought the Blu-ray (Japanese import) and discovered there is an audio commentary track! Sadly, it's in Japanese without any subtitles. Is there a Japanese-speaking fan who'd be willing to translate it? Or at least provide a summary of the main points? (I can send you the audio files). I'm especially interested in the commentary on Ignis's episode, Bittersweet Memories, as I heard the writers originally had a different plot in mind. Would love to know what it was about!

Date: 2024-09-10 11:14 pm (UTC)
cephy: (ffxv - crew pose)
From: [personal profile] cephy
Oh man, yeah, that ending. I was doing well through most of it, but then got to that one scene with the empty camp chairs against the rising sun and on came the crying.

Date: 2024-09-11 12:00 pm (UTC)
cephy: (ffxv - noct dramatic)
From: [personal profile] cephy
Heh, yep, the temptation to just stay in road trip land forever is SO strong.

Date: 2024-09-11 07:42 pm (UTC)
harpers_child: a picture of Gladio from Final Fantasy 15 laying on a bed reading a book (ffxv: gladio reads)
From: [personal profile] harpers_child
I would love to talk about my nerdy sons. Who are fine and doing good things rebuilding the world after they totally all survived that ending.

I didn't play the game myself (hand issues), but my spouse was a good sport and played it for me.

Date: 2024-09-12 12:34 am (UTC)
peachpai: (noodle king)
From: [personal profile] peachpai
Very much still alive. There more fan activity on tumblr for FFXV than DW, but it's still always nice to see new fans!

Date: 2024-09-15 03:52 pm (UTC)
marmolita: (Default)
From: [personal profile] marmolita
Hello! I am on my second go with FFXV fandom at the moment since the first time I watched it on youtube, but this time I'm playing myself. It's definitely rekindled my interest. Alas, it's been quite a long time since I studied Japanese so while I'd like to know what's in that audio commentary, I don't know that my Japanese knowledge is up to the task. I would probably listen and be like "I think I heard the word 'cat' in there somewhere..."

Profile

ffxv: (Default)
Final Fantasy XV. Aw yeah, here it comes.

August 2025

M T W T F S S
    123
45678910
11121314 151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags